Prairie Research Institute Libraries
Combined libraries of the Prairie Research Institute
The Prairie Research Institute, (originally the Institute of Natural Resource Sustainability), at the University of Illinois was established by statute on July 1, 2008. The Institute now comprises the Illinois Natural History Survey (INHS), Illinois State Geological Survey (ISGS), Illinois State Water Survey (ISWS), the Illinois Sustainable Technology Center (ISTC), and Illinois State Archaeological Survey (ISAS).
The libraries of the Institute are in transition. The
Institute Library Advisory Task Force
has made recommendations for library services and administration across
the Institute which are now being implemented. The 4 libraries of the
Institute will merge in summer 2011 to form a single Institute Library.
Thanks to an
award from the
Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI)
and additional funding from the
many materials from the ISTC, ISWS, and ISGS will soon be added to the
University Library catalog,
and will be readily available to library users across the state.
• Institute Library Advisory Task Force
• Illinois Natural History Survey Library
• Illinois State Water Survey Library
• Illinois State Geological Survey Library
• Illinois Sustainable Technology Center Library
Address: 1816 S. Oak Street, Room 1027
Updated 05/17/11 SB